2002-04-09: kXML 2 passes all XmlPull conformance tests
- Please visit kxml.org for more detailed information (kXML2 is currently hosted at kobjects.org for simplified maintenance).
2002-02-20: kXML 1.21 available
- kDOM attribute handling bug fixed
- workaround for buffering problems with some (broken) MIDP
- kXML 2.0 alpha adopted to upcoming common interface with XMLPP
2001-11-20: Size Matters!
In order to reduce the memory footprint and to speed up kXML, I
have implemented an alternative to the existing XML parser. The new
kXML 2.0 (alpha) class "org.kxml.io.XmlReader" reduces the base package
size by about 25%. Both classes are named differently, allowing
simple transition from 1.x to 2.0 without compatibility
issues. The old XmlParser class will remain available
for existing projects. 2001-11-21: kXML 2.0 files updated
2001-11-26: please note: The kXML 2.0 alpha API may still be
subject to changes resulting from ongoing pull parser standardization
2001-11-05: Version 1.20 Available
- Problems with some Java compilers and a WBXML bug fixed (thanks to Bjorn Aadland)
2001-08-31: Version 1.12 Available
- readTree() start tag duplication problem fixed (thanks to Scott Daub)
2001-08-16: Version 1.11 Available
- Line/colum number problem fixed
2001-08-16: Version 1.1 Available
- LookAheadReader functionality integrated in XmlParser
for overall size reduction
- Added simple buffering for performance enhancements and
portability between J2SE and J2ME
- Integrated CDATA bugfix provided by Michael Angel
- Integrated improved WBXML and WML writing support
provided by Michael Wallbaum
2001-07-25: Version 1.0 Available
- Minor WBXML bug fixed
- Jar file sized reduced by removing debug information
2001-07-12: Version 0.9952 Available
I am sorry for the inconveniences. I hope the size reduction
justifies the cleanup, at least for KVM users.
- WBXML bugfix (the first event was skipped)
- JDK 1.1.8 compatibility fix provided by Hans-Harald Schulz
2001-07-11: Version 0.9951 Available
Some serious 0.995 kDOM and WBXML bugs fixed. Thanks to Wilhelm Fitzpatrick,
Eric Foster-Johnson, and Paul Palaszewski
2001-07-10: Version 0.995 Available
In order to reduce the overall size, some internal classes and
methods have been removed. If you encounter compatibility problems
with this version, please write an email to
2001-06-22: Newsreader MIDlet Sample Added
I have added a Newsforge reader sample MIDlet to the download
2001-05-17: Version 0.99 Available
- Incorporated several safety improvements
provided by Lytton He (thanks!)
- Added a parser example for the KVM
2001-05-08: Version 0.91 Available
Bug in Element.setAttribute fixed.
2001-04-10: Version 0.90 Available
- Bugfixes: Space handling for attribute assignments, kdom DOCTYPE handling.
- New Methods: Some set methods for attributes in kdom.
- New Class: BufferedXmlParser for multi-pass parsing.
2001-01-30: Version 0.81 Available
There are quite a lot changes from kXML 0.75 to kXML 0.8.
The most important change is that the packages were renamed
from de.kxml.* to org.kxml.*
Since this change did not allow to keep compatibility without
dublicating all classes, I took the chance to tidy
up kXML a quite bit in several other aspects:
- Renamed Parser to AbstractXmlParser and
DefautlParser to XmlParser for consistency with
- Tidied up the optional kDOM package.
- Renamed writeStartTag to startTag (etc.)
in all writer classes.
- Added a separate event type id for text events containing white space only.
I am sorry for any inconvenience.
2000-10-03: Version 0.75 Available
Version 0.75 is now available! This version includes changes for
real KVM-CLDC compatibility and consistency. WAP support is still
untested - contributors in this area are welcomed.
2000-07-28: Version 0.25 Available
kXML Version 0.25 is available. This version adds an exception if
elements are not closed at the end of the document, and adds source
code to the distribution. However, WAP support is still not really
25 July, 2000 kXML Now Available
kXML is now available for use and download!
Warning: This package is pre-alpha.
The parser and kDOM are being used in applications (the
Information Layer of the COMRIS project),
but the following items still need to be done:
- Testing with the Palm Pilot KVM
- Testing compatibility with "legacy" XML
- Testing of the WBXML support
- Verfication and completion of namespace support, especially in kDOM